Kit - Strandwanderer Shawl
$13.000 currently in inventory!
If you place an order, your yarn will be custom dyed and ship within 1 week.
This ingenious pattern by Lea Viktoria uses simple garter stitch and a unique construction to highlight the color play of variegated yarns. We had such fun knitting this pattern, that we have developed a collection of yarn hand dyed specifically to work beautifully with Strandwanderer.
Kits are available in five colorways, designed carefully to compliment Lea Viktoria's Strandwanderer Shawl pattern.
Each kit includes:
- Lea Viktoria’s Strandwanderer pattern and notes
- 150 grams (600 yards) of Sock yarn - enough to complete the pattern and finish a shawl approximately 10" x 70". Intrepid Tulips Sock is a 75% super-wash wool / 25% nylon fingering weight yarn.
- If you would like a 75% Merino/15% Cashmere/ 10% Silk base yarn, rather than the Sock, please choose the "Upgrade" option in addition to your Sock colorway, and we will swap out the yarn.
Required Needles & Notions (not included in kit):
- US #1-2 [2.5 mm] 32-40” [80-100cm] circular needles, or size needed to produce a pleasing garter stitch fabric
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers are helpful
Additional 50 gram yarn hanks are available in each colorway allowing you to extend the shawl to nearly 80". Add your kit the the shopping cart, and then add a "Supplement." There is also a Cashmere/Silk "Supplement", that can extend any kit or skein that has been "upgraded" to Cashmere/Silk.
Kits will be hand dyed to order and shipped within 10 days of receiving your order.
Watch the Intrepid Tulips' Ravelry group for information about the upcoming class and knit-along (KAL).